The Greater Houston Council of Federated Republican Women is a coalition of 30 Federated Republican Women’s Clubs in 12 surrounding counties of Houston. GHC works with TFRW and NFRW by coordinating and supporting its Member Clubs and encouraging them through program and membership growth. A goal of GHC is to elect Republicans to office on a local and national level. GHC supports Grassroots activities that educate and motivate women to be activists and involved in all elections.
The mission of the Greater Houston Council of Federated Republican Women is to promote political education in order to increase the effectiveness of Republican Women in the cause of good government. In addition, the Council strives to coordinate activities of the various clubs to achieve the maximum efforts of Republican Women throughout the region to elect Republican candidates.
- To coordinate the activities of the member clubs;
- To promote political education of Republican women through assistance in program building
- To facilitate cooperation between Council, the Federation of Republican Women and organization of the Republican Party
- To foster loyalty to the Republican Party and to work for the election of the Party’s nominees;
- To increase the effectiveness of Republican women in the cause of good government.
Board Members 2024
- President – Tina Gibson, Fort Bend RW
- 1st Vice President Programs – Buckley Morlot, Magic Circle RW
- 2nd Vice President Membership – Amy Byers, Kingwood Area RW
- 3rd Vic President Special Events – Dana Khan, Northwest Forest RW
- 4th Vice President Finance – Micheline Hutson, Cy-Fair RW
- Recording Secretary Ronnye Cowell, Village RW
- Corresponding Secretary – Della Brown, Clear Creek RW
- Treasurer – Lois Gremminger, Fort Bend RW
- Immediate Past President – Sophia Mafrige, Magic Circle RW
Standing Committee Chairs (Voting)
- Bylaws – Debbie Cupples, Memorial West RW
- Campaign Activities – Gayla Baker, Brazosport RW
- Liaison to County Chairs – Emely McHattie, Village RW
- Legislation – Renee Lunsford, Walker County RW
- Newsletter – Laura Carlson, Magic Circle RW
- Public Relations – Mary Sage, Magic Circle RW
Special Committees (Non-Voting)
- Club President Liaison – Marga Matthews, Baytown RW
- Historian – SJ Swanson, Magic Circle RW
- Hospitality Chair – Joyce Chambers, Kingwood Area RW
- Hospitality Co-Chair – Open
- Advisor to President – Carolyn Hodges, Village RW
- Chaplain – Alicia Cantrell, Magic Circle RW
- GOTV Chair – Elizabeth Hanson Walker, Fort Bend RW
- Parliamentarian – Sophia Mafrige, Magic Circle RW
- Protocol – Betsy Kindred, West Pearland RW
- Social Media
- Michelle Martin, Lake Conroe Area RW
- Jennifer Knesek RW Katy
- Emely McHattie Village RW
- Speakers Bureau – Carmen Crenshaw, Magic Circle RW
- TFRW /NFRW Liaison – Alice Melancon, Montgomery County RW
- Nuts ‘N Bolts Co-Chair – Amy Byers, Kingwood Area RW
- Nuts ‘N Bolts Co-Chair – Betsy Kindred, West Pearland RW
- Budget – Micheline Hutson
- Financial Review –Deb Cupples
- TFRW President: Zenia Warren
- TFRW Past President: Kit Whitehill
- The right of the individual to achieve the best that is within him, as long as he respects the rights of others, is the source of our Nation’s strength.
- Government exists to protect the freedom of opportunity in which each individual’s creative ability can flourish.
- The government activities should be limited to those things which people cannot do at all, or cannot do so well for themselves.
- The most effective government is government closest to the people.
- That those who cannot provide for themselves should be assisted by both government and society, but that every effort should be made to help them become self-supporting, productive citizens with pride in their independence.
- That equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity belong to all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin.
- That the preservation of our Nation and the security of our citizens depend upon the Constitution, the laws, and the courts, and that respect for them is the responsibility of every individual.
- That government is accountable for maintaining sound money and responsible economy. Individual rights, liberties and properties are continually eroded when citizens are oppressed by excessive taxation, inflation, government waste and over-regulation.
- That government is responsible for national defense and that only a strong America can remain a free America.
- That it is absolutely essential to maintain a strong national defense postures in order that we may at all times negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness, in our continuing efforts toward world peace and friendship.
- That these concepts are the foundation of our national strength and that the Republican Party, which is committed to their preservation, is the Party of today and the Part of Tomorrow